Blog Navigator is a program designed to make it easy for users who enjoy reading blogs (short for 'web logs') to read and organize them. Blog Navigator works by reading RSS feeds and displaying them in a clean, easy to understand way. It includes a host of different news and blog sites for users to read through.Blog Navigator is arguably the most advanced program of its kind and it's free. For example, Blog Navigator has the ability to pre-load all the articles on a given blog site to speed up reading. It also has a host of off-line reading features in which a blog site can be exported into a magazine-like format.
Notable features of Blog Navigator include:
It's free! (as in really free, no 'ads', no spyware, no nonsense)
Can pre-load an entire blog site to make reading much faster
Included Tabbed browser makes it easy to switch between multiple blog sites
Blog sites can be exported to a magazine-like format for off-line reading
Built in tools for searching the entire blogsphere
Different blog sites can be grouped together to create virtual web magazines
Interesting articles can be dragged and dropped into a basket for safe keeping
Auto-RSS detection. Websites that have RSS feeds on them can be automatically detected in many cases
Can import OPML and other common files (makes it easy to share settings between various RSS readers)
Just a few of the version 1.2 adds/changes/fixes:
Added support blog editing in offline mode with postponed article sending.
Added "Print", "Print preview"" and "Page setup" to "File" menu.
Added support for enclosures (podcasting). Users can now download any files attached to their RSS feeds.
Menus for selection of style of article or newspaper/group displaying now indicates what style is selected.
Added ability to mark a Favorite as important (flag it).
Added an option to create favorites folders just like any other BN folders.
Save as added to Article editor.
Changes in this version:
Version 1.2 adds/changes/fixes:
- Activation and deactivation of channels and whole groups.
- Added support blog editing in offline mode with postponed article sending.
- Blog Navigator will no longer fetch blog article details in offline mode.
- Added category caching so this time BlogNavigator will no longer ask the server for categories before editing but rather cache them between sessions (for possible offline editing). This also speeds up day-to day blog writing.
- Added "Print", "Print preview" and "Page setup" to "File" menu.
- Significantly improved user experience for offline mode, Blog Navigator will no longer ask user to go online every time user tries to browse an article from the list in offline mode, but will rather check the offline availability of the article and display article description for offline mode + an appropriate warning.
- Added offline mode switch to article editor.
- Added support for enclosures - a.k.a. podcasting. Users can now download any files attached to their RSS feeds.
- The "Forward" and "Back" buttons on the browser toolbars have added dropdowns with browsing history for better browsing experience.
- Favorites are now displayed as another branch.
- Favorites addition and manipulation throughout the favorites branch.
- Favorites folder dragging and dropping to reorganize the favorites tree.
- Menus for selection of style of article or newspaper/group displaying now indicates what style is selected.
- Added ability to mark a Favorite as important (flag it).
- Added support for storing BN in "All users application data folder" a few other system folders or anywhere on the disk.
- Ability to drop a drag from the browser list or the address list on the article list if the selected folder is a basket or a favorites folder.
- Added an option to auto-activate channels.
- Added a fistful of channels and podcasts.
- Added an option to create favorites folders just like any other BN folders.
- File -> Save as added to Article editor.
( By Stardock Systems - Blog Navigator Publisher )